09 December 2012

says the Murphy's Law


Yeah.

Let's start by counting off all the wrong thing that happened today, okay?

# Woke up late.
# Missed out my usrah get-together at JP Park.
# Burned my beef strips meant to be our dinner.
# The smoke from the burnt beef filled the house and completely ruined my housemate's laundry.
# Miscalculated the water level for my rice.
# Poked my thumb accidentally and blood gushed out.
# Knife fell off the countertop and nearly split my 2nd toe in half.

The conclusion?

Either I'm Kim Junsu 2.0 or today's not my lucky, or even my average day.

The thing that struck me as enlightening is the fact that nearly all of the are consequences of my own actions. Me being forgetful, clumsy, ignorant- they all accumulated and transformed into this big avalanche of misfortunes.

Gah.

But instead, let's count all the things that happened right today.

# Messed around with Bella's makeup. HAHA.
# New Ipod apparently arrived at Nebby's already. YESSSSS
# Dinner is done. Alhamdulillah. None of the kids will go bed hungry.
# The house doesn't really smell smoky anymore.
# I didn't hurt myself, no major organ injury.
# I learnt my lesson about not checking up on my cooking every 5 minutes.

Therefore, all is well.

Funny how dominoes of misfortune is scientifically/mathematically explained in Wikipedia. I guess humankind needs some kind of scientific explanation for them to understand the ups and downs of life instead of putting their utmost faith in God's doing.




I'll go sleep now. Still a bit depressed.

No comments: